EOS Destination Workshops
The Old West: Arches National Park and Picturesque Cowboys
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- October 20, 2012 - October 21, 2012
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (see agenda for details))
- Red Cliffs Lodge
Mile Post 14 Hwy 128
Moab, Utah 80302
- Please note attendees are responsible for their own lodging
Please call Red Cliff Lodge at (866) 812-2002
Mention "Canon Workshop" for $199 rate
(Red Cliff Lodge)
- Canon Live Learning
Join award-winning adventure photographer Tyler Stableford for this action-packed workshop in the heart of Utah’s canyon country. On Saturday we will explore the magnificent landscapes of Arches National Park, finding unique ways to capture the sandstone monoliths. On Sunday we will shoot action scenes and environmental portraits with authentic cowboys; if time permits we will explore a vineyard alongside the Colorado River. Tyler will provide detailed classroom instruction before each shoot, and will share his secrets to capturing the elusive “dramatic moment”. You will also have the opportunity to make have prints made by our technical representative of one or two of your images. We keep this workshop limited to 16 students to enhance the learning experience.
The magnificent Red Cliffs Lodge is our base for the weekend, with a multimedia classroom, a vineyard and restaurant, cabins alongside the Colorado River, among many other amenities. .
- Composition techniques for landscape and action photography
- Lens selection and composition to create emotion and impact in your images
- Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
- Photographing moving subjects in a variety of lighting situations
- Critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
An understanding of your camera operations including manual mode using f/stops and shutter speeds is needed for this workshop. Basic Photoshop or Lightroom skills are needed to process your images. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. We will be doing some light hiking in Arches National Park.
- Morning coffee and breakfast treats
- One box lunch and one hot BBQ lunch will be provided
- Partial Canon gear rental
Attendees are responsible for their own room and board. We have arranged discount printing at Red Cliffs Lodge. Mention Canon Workshop to receive the special $199/night pricing. Accommodations and meals in addition to those listed above are the responsibility of the attendee. Please reserve sleeping rooms as soon as possible since October is a busy time in Moab.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More
08/04/2012 - 08/05/2012
Bar Harbor, Maine
Join award-winning photographer Tyler Stableford for an unforgettable weekend of landscape and environmental-portraiture photography, raising your skills to new levels. The weekend will include field shoots with working lobstermen and a landscape session on the coast, as well as lectures and digital image reviews.
presented by Canon Live Learning