EOS Destination Workshops
Sunrise, Sunset and Star Trails in Death Valley
- Presented by:
- Jennifer Wu (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- November 11, 2012 - November 14, 2012
- 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ( for start and end times refer to agenda)
- Furnace Creek Inn
PO Box 187 (Highway 190)
Death Valley, California 92328
- Lodging is not included in workshop fee. Attendees are responsible for own lodging. Please call the hotel to make reservations. Mention "booking # 412700 " for discounted rate of $140/night .
The Ranch at Furnace Creek
Death Valley, California 92328
Phone: (760) 786-2345
(The Ranch at Furnace Creek)
- Canon Live Learning
This event is sold out. Please check out our remaining 2012 Destination Workshops here.
Subscribe to EOS News and be the first to hear about our upcoming 2013 Canon Live Learning Workshops and Seminars.
Join Jennifer Wu, Canon Explorer of Light, in Death Valley and enjoy breathtaking desert scenery with unique geological interest. We will photograph graceful and ever-changing sand dunes, "painted" rocks of Artist’s Pallet, Zabriski Point and the salt flats of Badwater. We also will have the opportunity to shoot at the exciting Ghost Town in Death Valley National Park and compose images using light painting. Death Valley’s great diversity of landscapes makes it a unique place for photography.
Each day will feature photography sessions during the ideal light of sunrise and sunset. During the day you will learn composition for landscape photography, how to create depth in your images and using hyperfocal distance for maximum depth of field. Each evening we will have a night shoot (if we have clear skies and weather permitting) of the stars as points of light, star trails and creating some time-lapse.
After the shooting sessions, Jennifer will demonstrate her post processing techniques for star trail and landscape photography using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom. Reviews of your images with feedback on what you did well and what could be improved, will balance out the breath-taking week.
Canon support staff will be there to help you with equipment and composition both in the field and in the classroom.
There will be some light hiking on unlevel ground for up to three miles round trip. This will be an intense weekend and there will not be time for much more than photography. We will carpool to shooting locations and eat meals as a group.
- Create compelling compositions in nature
- Custom camera settings and operations for daytime and nighttime photography
- Critiques to open your eyes and improve your photographic skills
- The basics of how to photograph star trails
- Create time-lapse
Be sure to register early, since last years Death Valley workshop sold out quickly!
The workshop is designed for advanced beginner and intermediate level. Attendees should have a basic working knowledge of their camera as well as how to download images to their computer. We will be doing some light hiking on some uneven ground on dirt, sand and paved paths for up to three miles round trip.
- Partial Canon gear loans including L-series lenses
- Entrance to Death Valley National Park
- Entrance to Ghost Town within Death Valley National Park
- One-day Jeep rental to the Spectacular Racetrack
- One hot lunch
- Three boxed dinners
- 2-3 prints of your work
- Critiques of your work
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More
05/04/2012 - 05/06/2012
El Portal, California
Join Jennifer Wu, Canon Explorer of Light, in Yosemite National Park for three days of photographing spring waterfalls and breathtaking scenery.
presented by Canon Live Learning