EOS Destination Workshops
Springtime Montana Landscapes & Close-up Wildlife
- Presented by:
- Lewis Kemper (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- June 18, 2013 - June 20, 2013
- Times vary
- Triple D Game Farm
190 Drake Drive
Kalispell, Montana 59903
- Travel and hotel is the responsibility of attendee.
Holiday Inn Express
275 Treeline Road
Canon Workshop rate $139/night
(Holiday Inn Express)
- Canon Live Learning
Canon Explorer of Light Lewis Kemper will lead this adventurous workshop capturing stunning images of wolves, bobcat, mountain lions, and other cats and the beauty of Glacier National Park. We will have the opportunity to photograph the animals with natural landscape as the backdrop- no viewing fences to block your shots. What is also really exciting: newborns! We have the possibility of photographing baby mountain lions, bobcats, lynx, fox, coyotes and wolves.* We will complement these exciting subjects with the serene landscapes of Glacier National Park.
Over two days students will have the opportunity to go out on four shoots capturing the stunning coats and exquisite physiques of a variety of species. In their natural environment the animals are sure to provide you with plenty of inspiring photographs and the Canon gear we will provide for students to learn and experiment with will only further enhance the experience. The third day we will do a sunrise shoot at Glacier National Park’s Lake McDonald and then move along to the wildflowers at Logan’s Pass. As part of the workshop registration students are able to borrow L series lenses including a variety of lenses along with a selection of bodies like the 5D Mark III and 1Dx to capture the action.
The workshop is limited to 16 students so you will have plenty of attention and support from Mr. Kemper and our highly skilled Canon Technical Specialist. Throughout the course students will learn professional insights and techniques from Mr. Kemper, have the opportunity to print their images on the new PIXMA Pro-1 and learn essential processing tips using Canon Digital Photo Professional (free software included with every camera) and Mr. Kemper’s Photoshop workflow.
* Newborns cannot be guaranteed due to the unpredictable nature.
What you will gain from workshop:
- Professional insights on exposing for a variety of lighting scenarios
- Manual exposure and auto ISO
- Composing for dramatic shots
- Extended flash for wildlife
- Creative techniques using shutter speed
- Techniques to maximize Raw files through Canon Digital Photo Professional software (free with all EOS and some PowerShot cameras)
- Workflow for imaging processing
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers
- Six sessions photographing the various species
- Lunch both days
- Canon gear loans – bodies and lenses
- 2 -3 prints of your work
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More