EOS Destination Workshops
Yosemite in Autumn
- Presented by:
- Jennifer Wu (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- October 25, 2013 - October 27, 2013
- 5:00 am - 8:00 pm (Exact start and end times may vary)
- At Yosemite View Lodge
11136 Highway 140
El Portal, California 95318
- Lodging is not included. Mention "Canon Workshop" for discounted rate: $146 Queen Mountain View Room.
Yosemite View Lodge
11136 Highway 140
El Portal, CA 95318
- Canon Live Learning
Due to current events involving the government shutdown, this event has been cancelled.
Join Jennifer Wu, Canon Explorer of Light, in Yosemite National Park for two days of photographing fall colors and breathtaking scenery. Whether your interest lie in the grand landscapes of Yosemite Valley, intimate details, spectacular waterfalls or the majesty of El Capitan, Yosemite offers a wide range of image making possibilities. Jennifer will take you to her favorite spots, based on the weather and peak colors, to create magnificent images.
Each day will feature photography sessions during the ideal light of sunrise and sunset. During these sessions Jennifer will do a quick field demonstration to get the light just right as well as one on using tilt-shift lenses on Sunday morning. During the day you will learn composition for landscape photography, how to create depth in your images and using hyperfocal distance for maximum depth of field. Jennifer will provide critiques of your images with feedback on what you did well and what could be improved to balance out the incredible weekend.
Canon support staff will be there to help you with equipment and composition both in the field and in the classroom.
* There will be some light hiking on unlevel ground for up to three miles round trip. This will be an intense weekend and there will not be time for much more than photography. We will carpool to shooting locations and eat meals as a group. It is a great time to ask questions and continue our photography discussions.
- Creating compelling compositions in nature
- Making lens selections for impact
- How to use hyperfocal distance for creating depth in your images
- Camera settings and operations for nature photography
- Critiques to open your eyes and improve your photographic skills
Skill level: The workshop is designed for intermediate level. Attendees should have an understanding of camera operations including setting f/stops and shutter speeds as well as how to download images to their computer. This workshop is for photographers looking to learn more about nature photography composition and techniques as well as to build their portfolios with high quality images.
- Permit into Yosemite National Park during the workshop
- One Group Dinner at River Restaurant
- One Box Dinner for Sunset shoot
- Sunrise Breakfast snacks
- 2-3 prints of your photographs Canon PIXMA PRO printer
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More