EOS Destination Workshops
The Magnificent West from Landscape to Action: Arches & Cowboys
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- May 06, 2014 - May 07, 2014
- Red Cliffs Lodge
14 Utah 128
Moab, Utah 84532
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a special rate at the Red Cliffs Lodge
Red Cliffs Lodge
14 Utah 128
Moab, UT 84532
Mention Canon Workshop to receive $179.95 rate
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block held up to 30 days before event date.
- Canon Live Learning
Join Canon Explorer of Light and award-winning adventure photographer Tyler Stableford for this action-packed workshop in the heart of Utah’s canyonlands country. On the first day, we will explore the magnificent sandstone arches and towers of Arches National Park, learning ways to capture the stunning landscape. On the second day, we will shoot action scenes and environmental portraits with authentic cowboys; if time permits we will explore a vineyard alongside the Colorado River. Tyler will provide detailed classroom instruction before each shoot and will share his secrets to capturing the elusive “dramatic moment.” You will also have the opportunity to have prints made by our technical representative of one or two of your images. We keep this workshop limited to 16 students to enhance the learning experience.
The magnificent Red Cliffs Lodge is our base for the workshop, with a multimedia classroom, a vineyard and restaurant, cabins alongside the Colorado River, among many other amenities.
- Composition techniques for landscape and action photography
- Lens selection and composition to create emotion and impact in your images
- Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
- Photographing moving subjects in a variety of lighting situations
- Critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
Please bring your favorite camera, together with any lenses you want to shoot with (both wide angle and tele-photo), plenty of charged battery packs and memory cards, a sturdy tripod (a must!) and a laptop computer for downloading images. You will also have the opportunity to submit images to the on-site technical representative who will make one or two prints for you to take home.
An understanding of your camera operations, including manual mode using f/stops and shutter speeds, is needed for this workshop. Basic digital editing software skills are needed to process your images. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. We will be doing some light hiking in Arches National Park.
- Morning coffee and breakfast treats
- One box lunch and one Hot BBQ lunch
- Admission into Arches National Park
- Partial gear rental
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More