EOS Destination Workshops
Birds As Art – Bosque del Apache
- Presented by:
- Arthur Morris (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- December 05, 2014 - December 07, 2014
- Friends of the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge
1001 New Mexico 1
San Antonio, New Mexico 87832
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee, though we have set up a special rate at the Best Western Socorro Hotel & Suites.
Best Western Socorro Hotel & Suites
1100 California St
Socorro, NM 87801
Mention Canon Workshop to receive $89 rate.
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Canon rate guaranteed up to 30 days before event date.
- Canon Live Learning
The enrollment capacity for this class has been reached. Further registrants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted when space becomes available.
Art Morris, award winning nature and wildlife photographer, is well known for his exhibits, multiple publications and as a top nature photography teacher. Art will lead this workshop to one of his most favorite places to shoot on the planet: Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in New Mexico and teach how to photograph birds as a form of art.
Students will learn how to properly expose and create artistically designed images. You will also learn what to look for while editing your work to make stronger images as well as digital editing skills and techniques.
The Canon gear we will provide for students to learn and experiment with will only further enhance the experience. Out on the trail, we recommend telephoto lenses from 300mm (with and without teleconverters) to create the best bird photography, as well as the EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM, EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM and EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lenses. The workshop will include classroom instruction, field demonstrations and group critiques.
The workshop is limited to 16 students so you will have plenty of attention and support from Art and one of our highly skilled Canon technical representatives. You will shoot elbow to elbow in the field with Art, learning his award winning techniques and essential aspects of bird photography. And throughout the course, students will learn professional insights and techniques from Art and have the opportunity to print 1-2 of your favorite images as well as learn essential processing tips.
- Recognizing and evaluating a situation/learning to see like a professional
- Choosing your perspective
- Getting the right exposure: basic principles, checking for “blinkies,” exposing to the right and evaluating/adjusting the histogram
- Tripod handling and handholding techniques
- Getting sharp images
- Light angle, head angle and what the orientation of the subject is to the imaging sensor
- Understanding what wind direction has to do with bird photography
- Flight photography basics
Please bring your favorite camera, together with any lenses you want to shoot with (both wide angle and tele-photo), plenty of charged battery packs and memory cards, a sturdy tripod (a must!) and a laptop computer for downloading images. You will also have the opportunity to submit images to the on-site technical representative, who will make one or two prints for you to take home.
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. Please read the agenda to understand the workshop outline.
- Lunch on two days of the workshop
- Canon gear loans
- 1-2 prints of your work
- Admission into the Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More