EOS Destination Workshops
Caribbean Architecture, Landscapes & Fine Art
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- December 07, 2015 - December 09, 2015
- Puerto Rico
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a special rate at the Sheraton Old San Juan.
Sheraton Old San Juan
100 Brumbaugh Street
San Juan, PR 00901
Mention Canon Workshop to receive $139 rate
Rate does not include taxes & fees
Room block expires November 6, 2015
Non-refundable one night deposit will be charged upon booking a reservation
Travel Recommendations: Participants will fly into the San Juan Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport. Either rent a car to drive to downtown Old San Juan, or take a taxi to the hotel.
- Canon Live Learning
Join award-winning photographer and Explorer of Light, Tyler Stableford, for a truly memorable workshop in beautiful Puerto Rico. Over the course of this three-day workshop, our class will visit the true photographic highlights of the island, from landscapes and birds in the wild rainforest, to beautiful models on Caribbean beaches, and explorations of scenic Old San Juan and its historic forts at Castillo San Cristóbal.
This action-packed workshop will cover a mix of both landscape and portraiture photography techniques — as well as helping you raise the bar with your travel photography. There will be special emphasis on crafting artful compositions, seeing natural light in new ways, and working with models in portraiture and fine-art scenarios both in Old San Juan and on the beaches. Canon and a Canon Technical Representative will have the latest camera bodies and lenses available for all participants to use. Come experience the highlights of Puerto Rico in this sensational photo tour!
Students will have the opportunity to learn in a small class setting, limited to 16 people to enhance the hands-on experience. You will be supported by the expertise and insights of Tyler Stableford, assisted by a skilled Canon technical representative. Tyler will provide detailed classroom instruction before each shoot, and will share his photography secrets and inside tips. We will be taking a transportation service to all locations outside of Old San Juan, so vehicles are not needed.
- Composition techniques for landscape, travel and portraiture photography
- Lens selection and lighting tools to create more emotional, compelling images
- Workflow tips and techniques for both photography and digital processing
- Photographing models in a variety of lighting situations
- Classroom critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
Please bring your favorite camera, together with any lenses you want to shoot with (both wide angle and telephoto), plenty of charged battery packs and memory cards, a sturdy tripod (a must!) and a laptop computer for downloading images. You will also have the opportunity to submit images to the on-site technical representative who will make one or two prints for you to take home on a Canon Pixma Pro Printer.
An understanding of your camera operations including manual mode using f/stops and shutter speeds is needed for this workshop. Basic Photoshop or Lightroom skills are helpful to process your images. This workshop is for all levels of photographers. We will be doing some long walking throughout Old San Juan, as well as hiking into the El Yunque Rain Forest. Please be sure you are in good physical condition to be able complete field trips while carrying photography gear.
- Canon gear loans – bodies and lenses
- Admission to Castillo San Cristóbal
- Admission to Hacienda Esperanza
- Admission to El Yunque Rain Forest
- Field sessions with live models
- Two lunches and one breakfast
- Mini-coach bus transportation to beach and rain forest field shoots
- Field demonstrations & image critiques
- 1-2 prints of your work, as circumstances permit
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More