EOS Destination Workshops
Photographing the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- Presented by:
- Ralph Lee Hopkins (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- September 30, 2016 - October 03, 2016
- $1790 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Includes daily festival passes, VIP tram, and group balloon ride. Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block for everyone to stay at the Albuquerque Marriott
2101 Louisiana Boulevard NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
Contact Deborah Johnson (TTA Inc.) at email@example.com
or call 631-330-4550 to book your hotel reservation.
Please mention Canon USA Workshop.
Rate of $149 does not include taxes & fees.
**Room block expires August 29, 2016
Closest airport is the Albuquerque International Sunport airport (ABQ); 8.5 mile drive (approximately 9 minutes) to the Lodge. Sunport Shuttle transports guests from the airport to the hotel for a $13 fee one way.
- Canon Live Learning
Explore the premiere International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, New Mexico with professional photographer, Ralph Lee Hopkins.
People travel in from all over the world to witness and partake in the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. The festival is the largest hot air balloon festival in the world, launching over 500 balloons. This dynamic environment provides a unique opportunity to cultivate a variety of photographic skills under Ralph’s guidance and expertise:
- Sandia Peak to capture the sprawling view of Albuquerque and beyond
- Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta to capture the magnificent balloons as they take to the skies
- Sunrise and Sunset ascensions, balloon glows, and fireworks
- Passage on the Sandia Peak tram
- Entrance to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- One Hot Air Balloon Ride with Rainbow Ryders
- Expert instruction and support from our Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X, EOS-1DX Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS bodies.
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work
During this fun and instructive workshop we will explore both the technical and creative aspects of digital photography. Some of the topics we will cover in hands-on sessions and shooting on location include:
- Selecting SHOOTING MODES for different situations
- Adjusting ISO as a creative control
- Effective use of aperture to control depth-of-field
- Experimenting with slow shutter speeds
- LENS selection for shooting on the go
To get the most from this workshop, it’s important to be familiar with key digital tasks for downloading images to you laptop, sorting images in an editing program, and exporting selected images to a thumb drive. This will allow us to spend more time on the fun stuff like learning more about your camera and making new images, viewing photos in our daily classroom sessions and discussing the creative aspects of photography.
- Basic understanding of operating your camera
- Basic Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Light room skills for image processing
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops are designed to provide students access to exclusive experiences where they can develop their skills along with lifelong memories. By the end of these multi-day workshops, you will have expanded your portfolio, created prints of your favorite images, and hopefully made some new friends. Our workshops are built upon 3 core features:
- Shooting Side-By-Side With The Pros – seasoned professionals and Canon Explorers of Light provide advice on composition, technique and how to maximize your camera’s functions and lenses.
- Intimate Setting – our small classes are limited to 16 attendees allowing students easy access to instructors and Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether in a national park or a professional studio, we develop intimate class settings to ensure that students get adequate attention and the ability to develop their skills alongside equally passionate photographers.
- Experiment with Canon Gear- if you’re going to shoot with the best instructors you should shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees are given access to a diverse supply of loaner EOS cameras and lenses, along with Canon instructors providing technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More