EOS Destination Workshops
Surf Photography Workshop in Oahu, Hawaii with Zak Noyle
- Presented by:
- Zak Noyle
- EOS Destination Workshops
- October 12, 2016 - October 15, 2016
- $1250 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Oahu, Hawaii
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block at the Turtle Bay Resort, Kahuku, HI.
Turtle Bay Resort
57-091 Kamehameha Highway
Kahuku, Hawaii 96731
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations.
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires September 11, 2016.
Closest airport is Honolulu Int’l airport (HNL); 45-60 minute drive to the Resort.
- Canon Live Learning
Take a break from your normal routine and join Canon Live Learning for an action-packed Destination Workshop on the north shore beaches of Hawaii. Professional Surf Photographer and extreme sports athlete Zak Noyle will guide students on this 4-day workshop, sharing his secrets on creating professional surf images.
Oahu, Hawaii’s north shore offers an amazing blend of diverse wildlife, stunning ocean landscapes, and world-class amenities. Imagine yourself standing on the flawless Banzai Pipeline the proving grounds for the surf community… Camera in one hand, a pair of fins in the other… ready to capture the dynamic beauty of barreling waves. Zak, a native of Oahu, will guide students to the areas premier surf photography locations including:
- Ehukai Beach Park
- Waimea Bay Beach Park
- Rocky Point Beach
- Expert instruction and support from a professional surf photographer and the Canon Live Learning team
- Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X, EOS-1DX Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS bodies.
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work
- Three lunches
- Transportation to various locations
Through hands-on learning, lectures and classroom critiques, Zak will help students develop their understanding of:
- Meeting the demands of shooting for paid clients (brands, magazines, advertisers)
- Techniques and best practices for surf and wave photography.
- Lighting and composition techniques
- Building a personal brand and digital library
- Editing techniques for digital photography
- Intermediate to Advanced
- Understanding camera operations including manual mode, using f/stops and shutter speeds is useful for this workshop.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom for image processing.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops are designed to provide students access to exclusive experiences where they can develop their skills and create lifelong memories. By the end of these multi-day workshops, you will have expanded your portfolio, created prints of your favorite images and hopefully made some new friends. Our workshops are built upon 3 core features:
- Shooting Side-By-Side With The Pros –seasoned professionals and experts in their field provide advice on composition, technique and how to maximize your camera’s functions and lenses.
- Intimate Setting – our small classes are limited to 16 attendees allowing students easy access to instructors and Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether in a national park or a professional studio, we develop intimate class settings to ensure that students get adequate attention and the ability to develop their skills alongside equally passionate photographers.
- Experiment with Canon Gear- if you’re going to shoot with the best instructors you should shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees are given access to a diverse supply of loaner EOS cameras and lenses, along with Canon instructors providing technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More