EOS Destination Workshops
Arches National Park, Landscapes and Cowboys (SOLD OUT)
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- October 26, 2016 - October 28, 2016
- $1450 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Moab, Utah
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block at the Red Cliffs Lodge, Moab.
Red Cliffs Lodge
14 Hwy 128
Moab, Utah 84532
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires September 25, 2016.
Closest airport is the Grand Junction, Colorado airport; 90 mile drive (approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes) to the Lodge.
- Canon Live Learning
Join award-winning adventure photographer and Canon Explorer of Light, Tyler Stableford for an action-packed workshop in the heart of Utah!
Moab, UT is the perfect base camp for our excursions providing easy access to the infamous Arches National Park. The park boasts breathtaking landscapes, eons of environmental activity yielding spectacular sandstone sculptures and awe-inspiring arches. Over the course of this 3-day workshop, we will explore both the natural beauty of the terrain as well as the interplay with modern human activity. Subjects include:
- Creating dramatic landscapes at day and night
- Nighttime starscapes and light-painting of the arches
- Rock climber models for action shots and environmental portraits
- Cowboys, cowgirls and galloping horses at the Red Cliffs Lodge corrals
- Expert instruction and support from official Canon EOL and Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X, EOS-1DX Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS bodies.
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work
Through hands-on learning, lectures and classroom critiques, Tyler will help attendees develop their understanding of:
- Composition and lighting for landscape and action photography
- Lens selection and composition to enhance the emotional impact of an image
- Light painting, starscapes and capturing landscapes at night
- Action photography in a variety of lighting situations
- Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
- A firm understanding of your camera operations in variable outdoor lighting.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom techniques for image processing.
- Physically fit enough to handle a short distance hiking, carrying gear, and contending with desert heat.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops are designed to provide attendees access to exclusive experiences where they can develop their skills along with lifelong memories. By the end of these multi-day workshops, you will have expanded your portfolio, created prints of your favorite images, and hopefully made some new friends. Our workshops are built upon 3 core features:
- Shooting Side-By-Side With The Pros –seasoned professionals and Canon Explorers of Light provide advice on composition, technique and how to maximize your camera’s functions and lenses.
- Intimate Setting – our small classes are limited to 16 attendees allowing attendees easy access to instructors and Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether in a national park or a professional studio, we develop intimate class settings to ensure that attendees get adequate attention and the ability to develop their skills alongside equally passionate photographers.
- Experiment with Canon Gear- if you’re going to shoot with the best instructors you should shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees are given access to a diverse supply of loaner EOS cameras and lenses, along with Canon instructors providing technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More