EOS Destination Workshops
Capture the Colors and Magic of Miami
- Presented by:
- Rick Sammon (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- January 26, 2017 - January 29, 2017
- $1300 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Miami Beach, Florida
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block at the Hotel of South Beach for a $258 rate.
The Hotel of South Beach
801 Collins Avenue
Miami, Florida 33139
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires December 26th, 2016.
Closest Airport is Miami Int’l Airport (MIA). The Hotel of South Beach is 11 miles from the airport approximately a 22 minute drive
- Canon Live Learning
Canon Explorer of Light Rick Sammon has been photographing and leading photo workshops in Miami, Florida for 10 years. He can’t wait to show you how to capture the colors and magic of Miami. This is principally a digital start-to-finish photo workshop. You will learn how to capture the best possible in-camera image, process that image to the fullest, and walk away with a professional-quality print.
We'll be based at The Hotel of South Beach, just minutes away from the beach and Art Deco hotels. We’ll shoot in and around South Beach, and we will also photograph at Vizcaya and Wynwood Walls, two of Rick’s favorite locations.
- Historical Art Deco hotels
- Nighttime scenes with streaking lights
- Sunrises at the beach, Art Deco lifeguard stands
- Vizcaya - Models, graffiti walls and stone buildings
Rick will share with you his tips, tricks and techniques for natural light, low light, bright light and speedlite photography, as well as his favorite digital enhancements in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Limited to only 16 participants, you will have plenty of one-on-one attention and support:
- Expert instruction and support from Rick Sammon and Canon Live Learning Team who will help you in both the field and the classroom.
- Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS/SR and 5D Mark IV bodies.
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work from a Canon Professional Inkjet Printer.
This photo workshop offers participants a 3-day immersion into digital photography. Through hands-on learning, lectures and classroom critiques, Rick will help students develop their understanding of:
- Composition, exposure and camera settings
- HDR Photography
- Low light and sunset photography
- How to use reflectors and diffusers
- Daylight fill-in flash
- How to blur water for the silky water effect
- How to capture action
- Model photography
- Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom techniques
- How to become creative with plug-ins
Here’s a link to a video of Rick shooting in all the areas in which we’ll be photographing.
Please bring your favorite camera, together with any lenses you want to shoot with (both wide-angle and telephoto), speedlite, plenty of charged battery packs and memory cards, a sturdy tripod (a must!) and a laptop computer for downloading images. A head-mounted flashlight is also recommended for early morning and sunset photography. Again, Canon will have lot of gear on hand to borrow.
Also pack a raincoat, umbrella and camera rain cover, because there is always a possibility for rain in the Sunshine State.
This is a unique workshop for photographers looking to improve their digital photography skills, build their portfolios and have some fun, too! A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures and shutter speed is needed. All are welcome on this photo workshop.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More