EOS Destination Workshops
Out of Africa at Fossil Rim Wildlife CenterRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Rick Sammon (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- April 05, 2017 - April 07, 2017
- $1350 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Glen Rose, Texas
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block to stay on the grounds at Fossil Rim.
Fossil Rim Wildlife Center
2299 County Road 2008
Glen Rose, Texas, 76043
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires March 31, 2017.
Closest airport is Dallas – Ft Worth (DFW). Fossil Rim is about a
1 ½ -hour drive from the airport.
- Canon Live Learning
Create all the dazzling images of an African photo safari—without leaving the country. Join us in the heart of Texas with Canon Explorer of Light Rick Sammon, as we visit Fossil Rim Wildlife Center for a 3-day workshop to photograph zebra, wildebeest, cheetah, rhino, giraffe and other rare and remarkable creatures in a natural environment.
We'll be based at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, Texas (75 miles southwest of Dallas), where Rick will share his vast knowledge, tips and photographic skills. You will see over 1,000 animal species over 1,700 acres. You’ll even have the option to stay in an authentic safari-style tent where you’ll overlook one of Fossil Rim’s most popular wildlife watering holes and wake to the view of free-roaming animals—just like an African safari. (Note: lodging costs are not included in the workshop price and are based on double occupancy).
“Wild” animals in a natural environment will provide plenty of inspiring photographs. An abundance of provided Canon gear will allow you to learn and experiment, enhancing the experience even more. Your “Out of Africa” safari adventure includes:
- Three-day immersion of wildlife photography in the field
- Private dinner and presentation at the Safari Camp Pavilion
- Private group game drives in open-sided vehicles to maximize photo opportunities
- Free gear loans including a variety of camera bodies, L-Series lenses and long telephoto and super telephoto lenses to bring the action close to you
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer
Limited to 14 participants, you will have plenty of one-on-one attention and support from Rick and Canon Technical Specialists. In both the classroom and the field, you’ll learn how to:
- Maximize camera settings and lens choices to capture striking animal portraits
- ‘See’ like a true wildlife photographer, and find the decisive moment
- Create high-impact images in the digital darkroom
- Critique images and select the best images for printing
Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. This unique workshop is perfect for photographers looking to improve their wildlife photography skills, build their portfolios and have some fun, too!
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, F-stops and shutter speed is needed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More