EOS Destination Workshops
Waterfalls, Mountains and Wildlife in the Great SmokiesRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Adam Jones (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- May 03, 2017 - May 07, 2017
- $1400 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block at the Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg for a $119 rate.
Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg
635 River Road
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Phone: (865) 436-0048
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires April 5, 2017.
Closest airport is Knoxville, TN. It is about 1 hour travel time by car from Knoxville to Gatlinburg, TN.
- Canon Live Learning
With classic mountain vistas, flowing streams, dramatic waterfalls, dazzling wildlife and maybe even a bear, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a photographer’s paradise as picturesque as they come. Grab your camera and explore America’s most popular National Park.
The Great Smoky Mountains offer something for everyone. Adam Jones, award-winning nature and wildlife photographer, will share his favorite springtime spots and guide you to an amazing array of photogenic opportunities. We will carpool to our shooting locations and reach those prime spots with no hiking required. You’ll visit:
- Oconaluftee Overlook
- Mingo Falls (the southern Appalachians tallest, most spectacular points)
- Roaring Fork Moto Nature Trail
- Clingmans Dome
Each day will feature photography field sessions during the ideal light of sunrise and sunset. You will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Adam Jones and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS/SR and 5D Mark IV bodies
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer
The workshop is limited to 16 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We will meet for daily classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography. You will learn how to:
- Properly expose and create artistically designed images
- How to ‘see’ like a professional landscape photographer
- Create depth in your images during capture and post-production workflow
- Improve images based on critique from Adam Jones
Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is needed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More