EOS Destination Workshops
Hawaii's Big Island - Waterfalls, Volcanoes and StarsRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Ken Sklute (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- June 21, 2017 - June 25, 2017
- $1950 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Accommodations, airfare and some meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a special rate at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel.
Hilo Hawaiian Hotel (Castle Resorts & Hotel)
71 Banyan Drive
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Phone: (808) 935-9361
Mention Canon Workshop to receive a rate of $134 for Standard Garden View or $159 for Deluxe Ocean View.
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires March 31, 2017.
- Canon Live Learning
The Big Island of Hawaii is a photographer’s paradise. Pack your camera—and sunscreen—and enjoy four days capturing majestic waterfalls, lush botanical gardens, sea turtles, black sand beaches and the amazing night sky. Join Ken Sklute, Canon Explorer of Light, and capture remarkably diverse scenery, from fern forests to beautiful palm tree-lined beaches and lava fields, stars and the Milky Way.
With a workshop limit of 16 students, you will have the opportunity to discover professional insights and techniques from one of America’s leading photographers.
In addition, the workshop fee includes:
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Ken Sklute and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- Canon gear rental
- Entrance fee into Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Entrance fee into botanical gardens
- Entrance fee for Akaka Falls State Park
- Carpool transportation to shooting locations
- Several meals
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS/SR and 5D Mark IV bodies
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer
In lectures, critiques and hands-on photography sessions, Ken and the Canon team share tips and advice so you can learn how to:
- Create compelling compositions in nature
- Customize camera settings and operations for nature photography
- Capture the ocean as well as how to use long exposures to shoot waves and waterfalls
- Improve your photographic skills through professional critiques
- Apply techniques for using solid neutral density filters for long exposure
- Process your Milky Way images
- Your camera(s) and any lenses you want to shoot with (wide angle, telephoto and macro)
- Plenty of charged battery packs and memory cards
- Sturdy tripod (a must!)
- Red headlamp for night shooting
- Laptop computer for downloading images
The workshop is for advanced beginner to intermediate and advanced photographers (this is not for beginners as you will need to be able to operate your camera in the dark).
Attendees should have a basic working knowledge of their camera as well as how to use manual mode, f/stop, shutter speeds and how to download images to your computer.
Basic post-processing skills are recommended. Ken uses Photoshop and Lightroom however you can use any processing software such as Canon’s Digital Photo Professional.
There will be some light hiking on unlevel ground for about one mile and some steps going to a waterfall. You may also walk short distances at high elevations, weather permitting.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More