EOS Destination Workshops
Acadia National Park Spectacular: Seacoasts, Lighthouses and LobstermenRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- August 07, 2017 - August 09, 2017
- $1,450 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Acadia National Park
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block to stay at the Bar Harbor Regency.
The Bar Harbor Regency Holiday Inn
123 Eden St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making phone reservations.
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires July, 7, 2017.
Closest airport is served by shuttle flights to Bar Harbor; next closest is Bangor or Portland ME.
- Canon Live Learning
Maine’s Acadia National Park is not only the oldest national park east of the Mississippi River, it’s also the most diverse. Experience its wild range of mountains, rocky seacoast, rare wildlife and unspoiled features with Canon Explorer of Light, Tyler Stableford. Visit this New England treasure and spend three days capturing craggy coastlines, lighthouses, working lobster wharfs and beautiful mountain summits.
Explore Acadia’s remarkable and rugged landscape with Canon Explorer of Light Tyler Stableford, whom Men's Journal named "One of the seven world's greatest adventure photographers." Visit some of Tyler’s favorite park locations, including tranquil lakes, scenic cliffs and serene ocean scenes. With a little help, you’ll create a wide range of magnificent images.
Each day will feature photography sessions that delve deeply into landscape and portraiture photography, with some opportunities for macro photography and nighttime starscapes as well. You’ll also learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
Also included in the workshop fee:
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Tyler Stableford and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS/SR and 5D Mark IV bodies
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work from a Canon Inkjet Printer
- Classroom instruction and image critiques
- Carpool transportation to shooting locations
- Field Demonstrations
Tyler and the Canon team will bring you to Acadia’s most photogenic locations, where you’ll learn to create unique compositions, explore lighting and the power of photographic storytelling. You’ll gain an understanding of portraiture lighting and directing with specific attention to lighting, framing, lens choices and camera positioning for the most compelling scenes. Participants will enjoy a spectacular immersion into the highlight locations in Acadia National Park including seacoast landscapes, working lobster wharfs, lakes and nighttime photography.
In this intense three-day workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- Properly expose and create artistically designed images
- How to ‘see’ like a professional landscape photographer
- Create depth in your images during capture and post-production workflow
- Improve images based on critique from Tyler Stableford
- Make the right lens selection for the greatest impact
- Use camera settings and operations for nature photography
- Improve your photographic skills through professional critiques
- Bring your camera(s)
- Any preferred lenses (wide-angle, telephoto, etc.)
- Plenty of charged batteries
- Memory cards
- Sturdy tripod
- Laptop computer for downloading images
The workshop is designed for all levels of photographers looking to learn more about nature photography composition and techniques as well as build their portfolios with high-quality images. You should have a good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed. Also, you should expect some light hiking on uneven ground.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More