EOS Destination Workshops
Canon Desert Ghost Town Photography Workshop
- Presented by:
- Eric Stoner (Bio), Jon Lorentz (Bio), Mason Higa (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- March 01, 2018
- $349 (CPS Discount: $50)
- Leaving from Mandalay Bay Shuttle & Tour Lobby
3950 South Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
- Canon Live Learning
This workshop begins on Thursday, March 1 at 10:00am and ends at 8:00pm.
Click here to see a video of last year's Ghost Town Photography Workshop!
Epic landscape, a unique location, stunning models and Canon—it can’t get any better!
Here are the details of this unique workshop experience at the Ghost Town in Nelson, Nevada.
Located 50 minutes south of Las Vegas, this historic town has a wide variety of photographic opportunities. Vintage cars, eclectic antiques, rustic barns and even a plane wreck movie prop—all with an epic desert landscape. And while the town itself is an inspiring subject for landscape and macro photography, you will also have the opportunity to work with professional models to capture unique portraits and fashion images. Whether you enjoy landscape, macro, portrait/fashion photography or all three—this workshop is for you!
9:30AM — Meet at Mandalay Bay Shuttle & Tour Lobby
10:00AM — Depart Las Vegas for the Ghost Town
11:00AM — Large Group Session: Up to Speed with Speedlites
12:00PM — Small Group Sessions: Natural Light Portraits, Speedlite Portraits and Landscape/Macro
2:00PM — Lunch/Break
3:00PM — Open Shooting Session: Into Golden Hour with all models and locations available
4:30PM — Evening Session: Low Light Photography
5:30PM — Open Shooting Session: Low Light and Speedlites
7:00PM — Depart the Ghost Town for Las Vegas
- How to create visually compelling images in dynamic locations.
- How to work with and pose professional models—both male and female.
- How to work with Canon Speedlites—indoor and outdoor, daylight and dusk, with and without modifiers.
- How to creatively light with speedlites and colored gels.
- How to utilize Canon’s wireless technology for instant capture and review on tablets.
- How to make the most of available light, with and without reflectors.
- How to capture breathtaking portraits, landscapes and macro photos.
- Charter bus to/from the Ghost Town.
- Boxed Lunch, snacks and water.
- Your camera and lenses.
- Fully charged batteries and memory cards—remember, it’s a long day of shooting.
- Tripod—recommended for landscapes, and evening sessions.
- Weather-appropriate clothes for the Nevada desert in February—a hot day and cool night.
This workshop is limited to 30 students, with multiple shooting stations for a variety of learning and shooting opportunities. Your three Canon instructors and support staff will provide personalized attention and instruction. Not a Canon photographer? You can join us too! Just keep in mind that advanced features of our Canon Speedlite system will not work with other camera brands.
All skill levels are welcome. Whether you are getting started with photography or looking for unique additions to your professional portfolio—this workshop will have something for everyone.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More