EOS Destination Workshops
SOLD OUT: Kentucky Horse Racing and Bourbon TrailRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Adam Jones (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- April 20, 2018 - April 23, 2018
- $1,499 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Lexington, Kentucky 40503
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block with a special Canon rate at the below suggested host hotel.
Hampton Inn Lexington Medical Center / University of Kentucky
1953 Nicholasville Road
Lexington, Kentucky, 40503
Closest airport is Blue Grass Airport (LEX). It is approximately 8 miles; 11 minute travel time by car to the Hampton Inn Lexington Medical Center / University of Kentucky.
- Canon Live Learning
This workshop begins on Friday, April 20 at 4:00pm and ends on Monday, April 23 at 4:00pm.
Mid to late April, the bluegrass state is ushering in spring with trees and flowers blooming. There is no better time to visit Kentucky's Iconic destinations. Join Canon Explorer of Light Adam Jones in this workshop that centers around thoroughbred horse racing at world famous Keeneland race track in Lexington, KY.
A well-known horse farm adjacent to Keeneland is a perfect morning shoot before racing begins for the day. Along the rail of the track, we photograph majestic horses thundering past at close range. In addition to the action, the grounds and accessible behind the scenes areas are beautiful and provide plenty of slower paced opportunities. This is a full day event, breaking in the afternoon for reviews and critiques.
We will also photograph Shaker Village, a restored Shaker community with great architecture and scenic grounds for an early shoot. Here we can photograph people in period costumes, classic simple Shaker architecture and more. The village consists of 3000 acres of rolling hills, white fences, horses, doorways, barns, and architectural details and hand made furniture. We learn how to envision and capture creative travel, architecture, and landscapes in a variety of natural and man made settings. Also instructing how to use flash indoors and out for natural looking results.
The two final shooting locations we will photograph are the historic Woodford Reserve and the Buffalo Trace distilleries on the Bourbon Trail. The grounds and buildings offer a wide variety of filming and learning opportunities.
- You will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Adam Jones and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R, EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS 80D bodies
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer
The workshop is limited to 16 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We will meet for classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography.
- Participants are instructed on fast and slow speed panning techniques, following and framing fast moving subjects, and stop action photography.
- You will learn how to envision and capture creative travel, architecture, and landscapes in a variety of natural and man made settings.
- Also, learn how to use flash indoors and out for natural looking results.
- We explore camera setup and ISO considerations as we move in and out of historic buildings.
Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is needed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More