EOS Destination Workshops
Blue Ridge Mountains Macro AdventureRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Matthew Cicanese
- EOS Destination Workshops
- May 21, 2018 - May 25, 2018
- $1,849 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Asheville, North Carolina 28803
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block with a special Canon rate at the below suggested host hotel.
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park Biltmore Park Town Square
43 Town Square Blvd
Asheville, NC 28803
Mention “Blue Ridge Mountains Macro Adventure” when making your reservation to receive Canon’s special rate, or visit this link to register easily online: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/A/AVLBPHF-BRMMA-20180520/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG.
Room block expires April, 13th, 2018
Closest airports to the Hilton Asheville are Asheville Regional Airport (AVL); approximately 3 miles travel by car, the next best airport is Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP); approximately 70 miles travel by car.
- Canon Live Learning
This workshop begins on Monday, May 21 at 9:00am and ends on Friday, May 25 at 11:00pm.
From vibrant fungi to cryptic insects, macro subjects of all shapes, sizes, and colors are hidden throughout the Blue Ridge Mountains. Award-winning macro photographer and National Geographic Explorer, Matthew Cicanese leads this Canon Live Learning macro photography adventure of a lifetime.
The Blue Ridge Mountains are one of the most biologically diverse places in the world. Matthew will take you to his favorite places in the region to find beautiful and engaging macro subjects for photographers of all skill levels. With thousands of species at your fingertips, you’ll learn how to find and shoot macro subjects in a variety of ways including traditional macro, extreme close-up, wide-angle, field studio, and night species.
Matthew will teach you how to photograph subjects with a unique perspective, light them to show their best details, and edit your pictures to maximize their potential. You’ll see the full breadth of what this region has to offer, from summiting the highest peak East of the Mississippi (Mount Mitchell) to exploring the lowlands of Cataloochee Valley (where elk can be seen residing throughout the fog-laden fields). Take your macro photography to new heights with Matthew Cicanese, and join this Canon Live Learning Destination Workshop for a Blue Ridge Mountains Macro Adventure!
- How to photograph subjects with a unique perspective.
- How to light macro subjects to show their best details.
- How to edit your pictures to maximize their potential.
- How to hunt for, identify, and photograph macro subjects in their natural environments using both natural light and strobe-based techniques (without the need for a tripod).
- How to use a variety of types of macro lenses including traditional distances (100mm macro), extreme close-up (1-5x magnification), and wide-angle macro (using non-traditional lenses to achieve unique shots).
- How to achieve tack-sharp focus and light your subjects in ways that bring out the beauty in their details.
Subjects include flowering plants, trees & logs, fungi, moss, lichens, slime molds, insects, arachnids, amphibians, and reptiles.
- You will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R, EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS 80D bodies.
- 1-2 Professional prints of your work to take home from a Canon Professional Printer
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Matthew Cicanese and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- A lighted hand-lens or loupe. (optional)
- A white flexible cutting board to use as a bounce card and a background for field studio. (optional)
- All-weather, comfortable shoes or hiking boots. (required)
- An all-weather jacket for staying warm and dry. Rain comes and goes unpredictably in the mountains. (required)
This Canon Live Learning Destination Workshop recommends attendees have a general skill level of advanced amateur. Attendees should be comfortable with manual camera operation, most photo concepts, workflow, and editing. However, attendee skill levels in macro-specific areas can be less developed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More