Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
Commercial Production: Stills and Motion with Ben Hoffman
- Presented by:
- Ben Hoffman
- Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
- March 30, 2016
- 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Free. Advanced registration required, space is limited.
- Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, California 90028
Making the transition from stills to motion in the commercial world can be daunting unless you have professional council. You need to access someone who has successfully navigated breaking the “one shot at a time” barrier.
“Getting into production means I’ve had to learn a lot more than simply what camera to use. Essentially I’ve been on a non-stop crash course in everything from bit-depth to dynamic range, DSLR VS cinema lenses, shotguns to lavalieres, 24 and 30FPS, Final Cut or Premier, 3-axis stabilizers and Steadicams, jibs, sliders, and drones, and the list goes on…
Ben will discuss:
- How he made the transition to cinematography
- Building a successful reel
- How to handle your own production, lighting and sound
- Shooting for your editor
- Tapping into crew and resources in your city
Ben has crafted photographs for clients including Advanced Auto Parts, Radio Disney, and Hewlett Packard. Since founding his company Square Productions, Ben has produced and filmed featurettes for industry monsters like 3DSystems and Fall Out Boy in addition to acting as DP and camera operator on several projects for Showtime.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More