Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
Post-Production Workshop with the EOS C300 Mark II
- Presented by:
- Jon Carr
- Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
- August 18, 2016
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- $25. Advanced registration required.
- Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, California 90028
With the release of the new Canon EOS C300 Mark II comes a multitude of technological advances that have the potential to change the way filmmakers work. Several of those technologies play a large part when it comes to the postproduction process with the EOS C300 Mark II. Wide Color Gamuts, a new 10-bit Logarithmic Gamma Curve, and the new compression system XF-AVC all play a pivotal part in improving the postproduction experience of Cinema EOS.
XF-AVC is an incredible and robust compression system, supporting a huge range of resolutions, color sampling, bit depth, frame rates, and more. When coupled with the new log curve, Canon Log 2 and the expansive options of wide color spaces, these options can often become confusing for the average filmmaker like; "Which resolution is best for my project?” and, “What color space should I be shooting for TV delivery?” or, “Which gamma should we use?” These questions have become commonplace in pre-production, and require a new approach to post-production and color grading.
Director, Editor, and Colorist, Jon Carr, will lead this workshop session through the complexities of compression systems, 4K RAW, the import process, and offer tips and techniques for working with various NLE’s as well as Canon’s own XF Utility for XF-AVC software and Cinema RAW Developer.
What you will learn:
- The features and benefits of the EOS C300 Mark II in a Post Production environment
- Which resolution, bit depth, color space, and gamma curve is ideal for your project
- Best practices for ingesting footage from the EOS C300 Mark II
- The benefits of shooting in Canon Log 2 and Canon Log 3
- Working with Canon Log 2 and Canon Log 3 in Color Grading
What is provided:
- Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
This is your opportunity to discover the possibilities of Cinema EOS.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More