Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
Specs Meet Art: Breakdown of Cinema EOS 4K Post-Production- CANCELLED
- Presented by:
- Jon Carr
- Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
- November 16, 2016
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- $25. Advanced registration required
- Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, California 90028
With the release of Canon’s flagship EOS C700 cinema camera, the Cinema EOS product line now has two distinct 4K capable camera bodies for use in production. The EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C700 are cameras targeting different styles of production, but what about post-production? With the introduction of high bit depth color sampling, acquisitions resolutions exceeding 4K, and a multitude of color spaces, how is post-production supposed to keep up?
Come learn about how the decisions made on set will inevitably affect the workflow of your post-production team. Learn how small changes to your production workflow can result in hours if not days of savings for your post-production team.
Gain the information necessary to answer questions like; "Which resolution is best for my project?” and, “What color space should I be shooting for TV delivery?” or, “Which gamma should we use?” These questions have become commonplace in pre-production, and require a new approach to post-production and color grading.
Director, Editor, and Colorist, Jon Carr, will lead this workshop session through the complexities of compression systems, 4K RAW, the import process, and offer tips and techniques for working with various NLE’s as well as Canon’s own XF Utility for XF-AVC software and Cinema RAW Developer.
What you will learn:
• The features and benefits of the EOS C300 MK II and EOS C700 in a Post-production environment
• Which resolution, bit depth, color space, and gamma curve is ideal for your project
• Best Practices for ingesting footage from the EOS C300 MK II and EOS C700
• The benefits of shooting in Canon Log 2 and Canon Log 3
• Working with Canon Log 2 and Canon Log 3 in Color Grading
What is provided:
Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
This is your opportunity to discover the possibilities of Cinema EOS.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More