Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
4K Production Hands On Workshop with Jem Schofield of theC47- CANCELLED
- Presented by:
- Jem Schofield
- Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
- November 19, 2016
- 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, California 90028
The Canon Hollywood Professional Technology and Support Center invites you to attend an exclusive one-day intensive, hands-on 4K Camera Production Workshop with Jem Schofield of theC47.
As modern 4K-capable camera systems become more affordable and are being requested on more and more productions, it is important to understand 4K production as a whole. With camera systems allowing for not only 4K acquisition, some include features such as HDR recording, expanded color spaces, multiple recording options (resolutions & codecs), RAW & Log recording and plethora of other options.
Jem Schofield of theC47 will take attendees through the process of understanding how modern 4K digital cinema cameras work so you can make informed decisions in terms of how to shoot your next 4K projects. While he will use certain 4K cameras to go over these features and choices, the data covered in the workshop will apply to all modern digital camera systems and is intended for anyone considering using modern camera systems for their narrative, commercial or documentary based projects.
This will be a hands-on workshop and focus will be on giving you the tools and knowledge that will help you be more successful in future projects. While much of it will be up to you, the workshop will go over successful actions and also will include hands-on demonstrations of how to tackle productions to consistently achieve good to great results.
The workshop will be delivered in a conversational style that will allow Jem to work effectively with his crew (attendees), while still teaching process and craft. Exactly like being on an actual, working set!
Target Audience: Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Producers, Directors and anyone that wants to understand how to successfully work with 4K digital camera systems in production.
Topics Will Include:
• Effectively setting up and working with Canon’s 4K camera solutions (DSLRs, XC Series and Cinema EOS Camera Systems)
• Best practices for shooting UHD and 4K Productions
• Lens Solutions for 4K Production
• Working with Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF System
• Lighting for 4K (how to effectively bounce, block, cut and diffuse light sources)
• Monitoring 4K
• 4K Color Spaces
• Working in RAW
• Understanding Exposure (Waveform Monitors, Histograms, Light Meters & Charts)
• Working with Monitor/Display LUTs
• Applying LUTs in Post
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More