Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
Creating A Visual Style with Cinematographer John Gardiner
- Presented by:
- John Gardiner
- Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
- August 09, 2018
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Canon Burbank
3400 West Olive Ave Suite 250
Burbank, California 91505
Cinematographer John Gardiner will share how he tackled the creative challenges of shooting the new digital comedy series "Take One Thing Off" starring Scout Durwood (MTV's Mary + Jane).
The show, which consists of narrative and music video elements, explores a variety of aesthetics, ranging from bright and saturated high key visuals to romantic realism. John will address the filmmaking challenges he faced while filming the series and how he created a consistent visual style.
The seminar will focus on his approach to using Canon Cinema EOS cameras for documentary and narrative films utilizing the C300MKII, C700 and Canon Cinema EOS Lenses to achieve these goals.
- Physical build of the camera
- How to scout a location and plan ahead
- Lighting breakdowns on scenes
- Using lens filtration with Canon Cinema EOS Cameras
- Camera movements
- How to setup your camera for a fast paced production
- Demystifying Canon's Custom Picture color profiles
- Using Canon's three log curves to your advantage
- Color grading Canon footage in post
This seminar is ideal for cinematographers looking to use the Cinema EOS Line of cameras in new and creative ways. Please join us for this informative and inspiring seminar.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More