CLL Orange County
Fashion Intro Intensive
- Presented by:
- Christopher Kern
- CLL Orange County
- December 05, 2015
- 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm; 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
“Fashion Intro Intensive” is a two-day workshop.
December 5th: 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
December 6th: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please complete this registration for both days.
We will begin the class at the Canon Experience Center, discussing the different genres of fashion photography, its market and audience. Also, we will discuss the importance of collaboration to construct a fashion image. Choosing the right location to benefit your imagery and allowing you the freedom to explore and interact with your models.
We will then migrate to our Location shoot, where we will continue with exploring the technical details of camera settings, experimenting with the quality of light, and creating a rapport by learning how-to interact with your subject. Above all, communicating effectively with your subject builds a strong rapport that opens the possibility of conveying the story you set out to tell with your camera. We will explore how to shoot with ambient light, mixed light with on-location strobes and LED lighting.
Homework: Download Images to own personal computer, make selects, process and retouch if desired. Bring digital files via USB thumbdrive/SD card/harddrive for printing on Sunday.
Sunday Dec 6th - 10 AM to 1 PM:
Upon arrival Sunday to the Canon Experience Center, we will recap our experience from Saturday and begin an introduction on selecting images for printing. During the print demo, we will be utilizing Canon’s latest printer, the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000. We will print images for critique and for you to take home.
- Basic camera settings for fashion: initial suggestions and possibilities
- Understanding depth-of-field and how to get the effects you want
- The visual impact of different lenses
- Interacting with model(s): directing, communicating, and establishing trust
- Shooting on Location -- controlling the exhausting elements
- Utilizing reflectors, diffusers, subtraction while on location
- Simple approach = productive results
- Your Canon EOS camera with memory card and lenses
- Fully charged battery or two
- One or two lenses
- Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More