CLL Orange County
Sports Workshop: On the Sidelines with the LA Galaxy
- Presented by:
- Robert Mora, LA Galaxy Team Photographer and Canon Trainer, Jon Lorentz
- CLL Orange County
- September 10, 2016 - September 12, 2016
- See below
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Ever wanted to shoot professional sports from the sidelines?! Now’s your chance! Join Canon Live Learning Orange County for this exclusive and immersive learning experience with Major League Soccer’s LA Galaxy Team Photographer, Robert Mora and Canon Trainer, Jon Lorentz. This hands-on workshop is for individuals interested in all levels of sports photography. During the three-day workshop, you’ll learn the latest sports photography techniques and Canon technologies that enable sports photographers to capture that decisive moment in time—AND you’ll have the unique opportunity to photograph from the sidelines of BOTH an LA Galaxy (MLS) AND an LA Galaxy II (USL) soccer game!
To facilitate this experience:
• The Sports Workshop Experience will be three sessions.
• The number of participants will be limited to twenty (20).
• Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz will facilitate the workshop.
• This experience will be facilitated at both the Canon Experience Center in Costa Mesa, CA and at the StubHub Center in Carson, CA.
• Canon will provide additional Canon equipment best suited for sports photography.
Day 1: Saturday, September 10th / 10am - 10pm ***Subject to change based on conclusion of the game***
• Participants meet at the Canon Experience Center in Costa Mesa, CA where they are introduced to Robert Mora, the fast-paced world of sports photography and are shown techniques and approaches to capture jaw-dropping moments.
• Participants will then have an engaging session, facilitated by Jon Lorentz, to discover the latest Canon Imaging Technology and details about specific equipment available for their use during the workshop.
• The group will break for lunch and reconvene at StubHub Center in Carson, CA.
• With personalized instruction from Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz, participants will experience arrival, set up, shooting and delivering images, while covering the LA Galaxy II, USL game—shooting from the sidelines, with the ability to move along the sidelines, experiencing different perspectives.
• Following the LA Galaxy II game, there will be a Q&A session along with raw image review and critique by Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz.
Day 2: Sunday, September 11th / 12pm - 10pm
• Participants meet at StubHub Center in Carson, CA.
• Working side-by-side with Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz, participants will walk through a day-in-the- life of a working sports photographer, from arrival and set up, to shooting and delivering images.
• Participants will be assigned spots for the LA Galaxy, MLS game, and have the unique opportunity to shoot from the sidelines, just as a working photographer would do.
• Following the MLS game, there will be a Q&A session and Robert Mora will teach his editing process as you follow along with your images.
• Participants will edit images on-site with both Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz available for critique and assistance.
Day 3: Monday, September 12th / 3pm – 8pm
• Participants meet at the Canon Experience Center in Costa Mesa, CA.
• Two-hour critique of your images by Robert Mora.
• During the critique participants will have the opportunity to see, and hold their images, as Canon’s team will be printing a 24” by 36” image for each participant.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More