CLL Orange County
Advanced Macro Techniques- SOLD OUT
- Presented by:
- Dave Henry (Bio)
- CLL Orange County
- February 14, 2017
- 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
If you’ve become increasingly frustrated getting the sharpness and depth-of-field you are looking for with your macro photography then this advanced shooting workshop is for you.
Our resident Live Learning macro expert, Dave Henry, will guide you through the software and hardware used to create stunning images with incredible sharpness and clarity.
The newest advancement in macro imaging is the concept of taking multiple images of the same subject at different focus distances. That’s called focus stacking. Then, using new software like Helicon Focus, we take all those dozens of individual images and combine them into a single image with amazing depth-of-field sharpness.
Combine this with the resolution of our newest 50 megapixel DSLRs, EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R and you have detail you’ve never seen before.
In this workshop you will use CamRanger®, StackShot® and Canon macro lenses and Speedlites® to capture your images. Then Dave will walk you through Helicon Focus® software workflow to generate your final image.
StackShot’s rail system is perfect for high magnification macro work and gives the photographer the ability to focus on a subject with focus accuracy down to a micron. It essentially turns the manual focus Canon MP-E 65 macro lens into an auto focus lens allowing for magnifications from life-size to five times life-size.
You decide how in-depth you want this workshop to be. You can be an observer and take notes or bring your camera and shoot subjects we’ll have there for you ranging from flowers and mounted insects to industrial and high tech components. You can even bring in your own subjects.
This workshop is designed for the photographer that already owns or is considering the purchase of a Canon macro lens, Canon Speedlite, StackShot® or CamRanger® and wants to be immersed into an intensive learning experience on how to use them for maximum sharpness macro photography. Regardless of your level of participation, you will learn a lot.
Plan to bring at least one subject to photograph so Dave can help you shoot it properly.
Our class size is very limited so register early.
What you will learn:
• Dave’s best practices advice for maximum resolution imaging
• New macro software Helicon Focus®
• How to light subjects with Speedlites®
• How to calculate macro depth-of-field
• Image processing software tips
• How to operate the StackShot rail system
• How to use the CamRanger Wi-Fi system
• How to once again have fun with macro photography
What to bring:
• At least one subject to photograph
• Your camera and a macro lens if you own one
• PDF version of your Instruction manual on a mobile device
• Remote release cable
• Free CamRanger® App loaded on your smart phone or tablet
• Laptop computer if you want to review your images preloaded with Helicon Focus® software
• A head full of questions
• An eagerness to learn
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More