CLL Orange County
Secrets of Digital Exposure
- Presented by:
- Dave Henry (Bio)
- CLL Orange County
- February 07, 2018
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Free Seminar
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Why do some pictures come out perfectly exposed and others don’t?
Achieving proper exposure consistently, frame after frame, can be a daunting task. You have to keep your eye on the subject and, at the same time, pay attention to all the other camera functions. It’s not an easy proposition especially if your subject is moving!
Photojournalist and Live Learning instructor, Dave Henry, will demystify exposure and show you how to maximize your “keepers” from one of the automatic exposure modes or shooting manually.
To help you manage your exposures, we’ll explain a tool called the “Histogram” to allow you far more control of exposure than you ever imagined.
We’ll talk about what the light meter in your camera can do and what it can’t do, so you’re better prepared to make adjustments BEFORE you take a picture. We’ll give you the confidence to look at a scene and have a better idea of what type of adjustments you can make to preserve every bit of detail possible.
Whether automatic exposure or manual exposure, it doesn’t matter — this investment of your time will improve your photography and is worthwhile to attend even for seasoned pros.
What you will learn:
• The importance of managing highlights, mid-tones and shadows
• Dave’s menu favorites for managing contrast
• How in-camera metering works and when you need to step in to adjust it
• How to manage dynamic range in contrasty scenes
• Understanding Evaluative, Center-weighted, Partial and Spot metering
• Benefits of Manual exposure mode
• Using the LCD monitor’s image playback as a first step in judging exposure
• How, when and why to use Exposure Compensation
• Benefits of bracketing your exposures
• How the histogram can sometimes be misleading
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More