CLL Orange County
Photographic Lighting: How to See It and Then Control It
- Presented by:
- Ric Noyle
- CLL Orange County
- June 14, 2018
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- $149 Class
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
This is a good introduction to Fashion, Beauty and Product Photography aimed at amateur and intermediate level photographers who want to make their first steps in improving their lighting skills.
Learn how to develop a sensitivity to light and composition. Observe and understand the subtleties of light and shadow all around you, even when you are not shooting.
A critical part of any photographer`s skill set requires a good understanding of lighting your subject. Natural light is ideal but often requires a good knowledge of how to use it. Learn how to control and modify your lighting equipment to obtain the image you wish to create.
• Understanding the right selection of light modifiers.
• Soft boxes, umbrellas, beauty dishes and more.
• Understanding of color temperature.
• Creating different lighting sets ups with strobe, reflectors and natural light.
Learn about photographic lighting in several different types of situations that require color corrected controlled light, objects on white backgrounds, people on a controlled background, and controlling lighting outdoors. Learn to use umbrellas, soft boxes, reflectors, overhead silks, lighting equipment and lighting set-ups.
• Why use a broader source of light? How and when?
• Make the sun your best friend, if you treat her right
• Why diffused soft light will improve your images
• Why is bounced light like playing pool?
• When to allow shadows to create volume in your images?
• Backlight and rim light are king, only if you can control the front light.
A great opportunity to improve your lighting skills. Work in a group to style and photograph your model, while learning about directing, lighting and composition.
Ric takes you behind the scenes in a studio like environment and teaches you the fundamentals of his favorite lighting techniques that will enable you to take your photography to the next level.
• How to process and fine-tune your RAW files.
Work with Ric as he brings in models and make-up artists. Learn first-hand the prerequisites of hiring models and make-up artists. At the end of the day you will gain confidence for shooting in a multiple of different locations and lighting conditions. Plus, you will have some great new images for your new portfolio.
• Managing talent on the set
• Improve your model direction
What to Bring:
• Charged Batteries
• Memory Card
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More