SOLD OUT Sports Workshop: On the Sidelines with the LA Galaxy
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Ever wanted to shoot professional sports from the sidelines?! Now’s your chance! Join Canon Live Learning Orange County for this once-in-a-lifetime immersive learning experience with Major League Soccer’s LA Galaxy Team Photographer, Robert Mora and Canon’s Lead Trainer, Jon Lorentz. This hands-on workshop is for individuals interested in all levels of sports photography. During the three-day workshop, you’ll learn the latest sports photography techniques and Canon technologies that enable sports photographers to capture that decisive moment in time—AND you’ll have the unique opportunity to photograph from the sidelines of BOTH an LA Galaxy (MLS) AND an LA Galaxy II (USL) soccer game!
• 8 AM - Participants meet at the Canon Experience Center in Costa Mesa, CA where they are introduced to Robert Mora, the fast-paced world of sports photography and are shown techniques and approaches to capture jaw-dropping moments. Participants will then have an engaging tech session, facilitated by Jon Lorentz, to discover the latest Canon Imaging Technology and details about specific equipment available for their use during the workshop.
• 10:30 AM - Break
• 11:30 AM - Reconvene at StubHub Center in Carson, CA: 18400 S Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90746
• With personalized instruction from Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz, participants will experience the set up process, and practice shooting and delivering images, while covering the LA Galaxy II, USL game (new 1pm game time)—shooting from the sidelines, with the ability to move along the sidelines, experiencing different perspectives.
• Following the LA Galaxy II game, we will debrief with a Q&A session and raw image review by Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz.
• 2 PM - Participants meet at StubHub Center in Carson, CA.
• Working side-by-side with Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz, participants will walk through a day-in-the-life of a working sports photographer, from arrival and set up, to shooting and delivering images.
• Participants will be assigned spots for the LA Galaxy, MLS game, and have the unique opportunity to shoot from the sidelines, just as a working photographer would do.
• Following the MLS game, there will be a debrief, Q&A session and raw image review by Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz.
• 1 PM - Participants meet at the Canon Experience Center in Costa Mesa, CA.
• Robert Mora will teach his editing process as you follow along with your images.
• Participants will edit images with both Robert Mora and Jon Lorentz available for one-on-one assistance.
• Critique of your images. During the critique participants will have a the opportunity to see, and hold their images, as Canon’s team will be printing an image for each participant.
What To Bring:
• Your Cameras and Lenses
• Monopod, if using/wanting to use a Super Telephoto Lens
• High-Capacity, Fast Memory Cards
• Closed-Toed Shoes
• Laptop for Image Selection and Editing
• Check weather for appropriate attire (hot days and cool nights)