Canon Live Learning San Francisco
Mega Photo Weekend
- Presented by:
- Dave Henry (Bio)
- Canon Live Learning San Francisco
- May 27, 2017 - May 29, 2017
- $269 (CPS Discount: $20)
- Canon Live Learning San Francisco
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Have you ever wished you could take a weekend just for yourself to be completely immersed in your passion for photography?
Start with a three-day Memorial Day weekend, add to that one of the most beautiful cities in the country as a backdrop then, fill the weekend with jaw-dropping photo opportunities and learning and you have the perfect photography learning experience.
Join photojournalist and Canon Live Learning instructor, Dave Henry, in a three-day classroom and field shooting workshop. From capture to process and print; we’ve created a full weekend of study that will help you in all aspects of your photography. At $269 this is a great package deal – this pricing is only available through May 1st. *
We’ll begin Saturday afternoon at 2 PM (to allow you enough time to either fly or drive to San Francisco) with a classroom session – Mastering Low Light Photography (included in fee.) Then we’ll head to the Embarcadero wharf area to make a few spectacular twilight/night cityscapes.
On Sunday at 9 AM we’ll begin at our classroom with a discussion of camera settings etc., then head off for three hours of street shooting. We’ll meet again after lunch and spend two hours discussing image processing in our class – Image Capture and Workflow: A Primer (included in fee.) Then we’ll head out for another secret sunset photo walk.
Monday morning (Memorial Day) we’ll meet back in the classroom and finish our image processing and evaluate our images. Then, we’ll print an image of your choice as a reminder of the great time you had in San Francisco. Our objective is to have you finished by noon so you have the rest of the day to drive or fly back to your Northern California or Southern California homes.
The classroom sessions are open registration to any photo enthusiast but the photo walks are limited to only eight registered Mega-Photo Weekend students.
Throughout the workshop we’ll be making some great photographs and working on the fundamentals of composition, depth-of-field, exposure, perspective management and discuss various menu settings that will have an effect on our photographs.
This is also your chance to see through a professional photographer’s eye and learn how to find interesting subjects and plan a compelling photograph.
You will benefit greatly from Dave’s field experience as a roving travel photographer. During his first nine years at The Sacramento Bee, he supplied travel photography for stories all over the world for the Sunday Travel Section.
Take advantage of this completely immersive photography learning experience. This could stimulate you to make that next big jump in developing your skills as a photographer.
If you have a spouse or friend that would like to make the trip with you, there’s plenty for them to do while you’re in class and out-and-about shooting so bring them to San Francisco.
Workshop space is limited to eight students for a great learning experience. Classroom sessions are limited to 30 students.
What you will receive:
• Three in-the-field photo walks ($297 value)
Embarcadero night cityscapes
San Francisco morning street photography
Afternoon maritime twilight photography
• Three classroom learning sessions ($50 value)
Existing light photography
Image processing techniques and Canon software
Image critique, evaluation and printing
• Some loaner cameras and lenses will be available
What you will learn:
• EOS menu favorites
• How to use many of the menus applicable to cityscape shooting
• How to achieve maximum sharpness
• Compositional shortcuts to creating an image with visual impact
• How to use selectable focus points and metering
• How to use a wide angle lens for foreground emphasis
• How to plan your shot for the most efficient use of your time
• How to evaluate the critical balance between sky and buildings for accurate exposure
• How to travel light and still get the shot
What to bring:
• Your camera and lenses
• Your camera’s instruction manual
• Freshly charged batteries
• Empty and formatted memory cards
• Tripod and remote release (cable or infrared)
• Hoodman loupe
• Laptop computer for image processing
• Comfortable walking shoes and warm jacket
• A head full of questions
• An eagerness to learn
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More