Canon Live Learning San Francisco
Wildflower Photo Walk at Table Mountain
- Presented by:
- Dave Henry (Bio), Jim Rose (Bio)
- Canon Live Learning San Francisco
- March 31, 2018
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- $149 Hands-on Workshop
- Oroville, CA
Exact location will be shared with registered attendees
If you’ve been suffering from cabin fever this winter and dying for the chance to put your camera to work, join us for a field macro workshop photographing colorful wildflowers at Table Mountain. Table Mountain, near Oroville, CA, is renowned for its spectacular wildflower display.
Flowers will be blooming everywhere and our photo workshop will focus on capturing every delicate detail and color.
Join our resident Canon Live Learning instructors Jim Rose and Dave Henry in this unique workshop environment. You’ll benefit from their vast experience photographing wildflowers working with macro lenses and macro flash systems.
During the workshop we’ll be making some great photographs and working on the fundamentals of composition, depth-of-field, exposure and discuss various menu settings that will have an effect on our photographs.
We’ll also show you how to use electronic flash to fill in shadows created by the sun and use it to stop the motion of the flower in a breeze.
Don’t miss this unique walking photography workshop and learn what it takes to make that next big jump in developing your skills as a photographer.
Workshop space is very limited for better accessibility to the instructors so sign up now!
What you will learn:
• Dave’s menu favorites
• How to use many of the menus applicable to shooting flowers
• How to achieve maximum sharpness
• Compositional shortcuts to creating an image with visual impact
• How to use selectable focus points and metering
• How to use a macro lens
• How to use a Canon Speedlite® in the field for fill flash
• How to plan your shot for the most efficient use of your time
• How to travel light and still get the shot
What to bring:
• Your camera and macro or close-up lenses
• Your camera’s instruction manual
• Freshly charged battery or two
• A couple empty and formatted memory cards
• Tripod and remote release (cable or infrared)
• Polarizing filter
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Kneepads from your local gardening supply store
• Water and light snacks
What is provided:
• Canon macro lenses and electronic flash systems will be available
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More