A network is a system that allows for the exchange of information between computers by connecting them to each other with cables or through wireless communication.
In this article we will cover how to connect the PIXMA Pro-1 Printer to an Apple MacBook Pro by using an Apple Airport Extreme Router. We'll then show how easy it is to connect a PC laptop to the printer. If you want to connect the printer using a USB connection, please read our previous article "Setting up a PIXMA Pro-1 Printer."
By having several computers share a printer, you can effectively reduce the number of printers in the workspace. Ultimately, this will save you money, and it will streamline the physical space.
- Insert the provided CD-ROM, click Setup, (you might need an Administrator's password), then click "Easy Install," and, finally, click "Install."
- Make sure the computer and the router are connected. Select the option "Use the printer with wired LAN connection."
- Agree to the terms, follow the on-screen instructions, and proceed with the installation.
- When the "Check Wired LAN Connection" dialog appears, make sure the printer is turned on, the router is connected to the computer and the Ethernet Cable is connected to the printer and router.
If the "Printer Connection" dialog appears, it means the printer is off, the Ethernet cable is not connected, or the connection method was not properly selected. Go back to step #2 and restart the installation process.
- The software should now detect your printer. Simply highlight the printer and click "Next."
- Click "Complete" when prompted. The Setup process has been successfully completed.
Additional computers on the same network can now use the PIXMA Pro-1.