The latest firmware updates for the EOS 5D Mark III is now available from the Canon website. Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
1. Supports the single focal length EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June, 2012.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing.
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera's power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens *1) is mounted to the camera with an extender *2).
*1) EF 300mm F2.8L IS II USM / EF 400mm F2.8L IS II USM
*2) Extender EF 1.4X III / Extender EF 2X III
5. Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens.
To find the update, follow this link to the Drivers & Software area for the EOS 5D Mark III
From this product page, select your Operating System and OS Version from the dropdown menus, and you should see one of these file descriptions in the Firmware section:
EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.1.3 [Mac OS X]
EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.1.3 [Windows]
Click to download the version you need based your OS. The firmware upgrade procedure is the same as previous upgrades for EOS cameras:
1. Download the zipped firmware file to your hard drive and extract the .FIR firmware update file
2. Copy the extracted .FIR file to the root directory of a CF memory card by inserting the card into a card reader and dragging/dropping the file to the card
3. Install the CF card into your camera and call up Firmware Ver. x.x.x. in your camera's 3rd set-up menu (with the yellow wrench)
4. Select OK when asked if you want to upgrade to the new version
Note that full PDF instructions for the upgrade procedure will accompany the firmware upgrade when you download the zipped file from the site. Be sure to read and thoroughly understand the steps before attempting to install the firmware into your camera
- eos 5d mark ii
- eos 7d
- eos-1d mark iv
- white papers
- autofocus modes
- autofocus techniques
- cheat sheets
- cinema eos
- cmos sensors
- eos 50d
- eos 5d mark iii
- eos 60d
- eos c300
- eos c300 pl
- eos-1d mark iii
- eos-1d x
- eos-1ds mark iii
- non linear editing
- product tutorials
- speedlite 580ex ii
- speedlite 600ex-rt
- xf 305