CN-E 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 EF
Canon’s new CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 EF lens features the world’s longest focal length and highest magnification in its class, and is the first lens in the world with a 1.5x built-in extender *, enabling an incredible 75-1500mm zoom range with a smooth, programmable drive unit. Designed as a portable, 4K ultra telephoto zoom and weighing just 6.6 kg (14.5 lbs), this lens is ideal for shooting sports, broadcast and wildlife/nature documentaries as it allows users to keep a safe distance from the subject, while capturing lively and expressive footage in 4K resolution and quality.
The drive unit supports servo control of focus and zoom, remote control of iris, and supports virtual data output for broadcast applications. If desired, the drive unit can be detached for cinema style production and easy-to-read focus indicators are marked on the inclined surface of the lens in luminous paint to make them more identifiable in the dark.
- Designed to cover Super 35 and APS-C size image sensors (will not cover full-frame digital SLRs)
- Ultra telephoto focal range from 50-1000mm (75-1500mm with 1.5x built-in extender) enables a variety of shooting situations like nature documentaries, broadcast sports, and cinema productions
- The 11 blade iris provides a softer image by suppressing reflection of opposing beams of light and produces a natural “bokeh” background
- Includes a 12-pin connecting cable used for existing ENG lenses
- Supports /i Technology, a lens-to-camera communication system used widely in the cinema industry
- Features a 180-degree focus rotation angle and both 0.8 and 0.5 pitch gears incorporated into the focus ring. The gear toward the front of the focus ring features an artful design that precludes interference when a follow focus is used at the 0.8 pitch position