EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
A complete optical and mechanical make-over results in one of the world’s finest professional standard zoom lenses. This new lens is shorter, lighter, yet more robust mechanically and has superior weather-resistance, compared to its popular predecessor. For users who rely primarily on wide to standard focal lengths, the 24-70mm design is ideal to have on a camera body almost all the time. With its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, this stunning new lens is the perfect one to reach for first when it comes to low light shooting — events, weddings, news journalism, travel, and more.
- A total optical redesign, highlighted by Ultra-low Dispersion (two UD- and one Super UD-glass elements), and three Aspherical lens elements for outstanding contrast, sharpness and distortion control
- Ideal standard lens for full-frame D-SLR cameras; used on APS-C bodies (EOS 7D, etc), it’s equivalent to 38-112mm — making it a great choice for group photos and giving portrait-length telephoto capability
- Approx. ½-inch shorter and 5 oz. lighter than previous EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
- Front diameter increased to provide superior full-aperture light-gathering and exposure evenness— now uses 82mm filters; new bayonet-mount EW-88C lens hood is included
- Minimum focus 1.25 feet (0.38m) at all focal lengths; max. magnification 0.21x