One camera. One mission: to fulfill the role of Canon's true flagship, top-of-the-line pro SLR. Combining the roles of former EOS-1D and EOS-1Ds versions, it's a full-frame, 18-million pixel camera that emphasizes total image quality and low noise performance, rather than sheer pixel count. Image quality is extraordinary. Standard ISO range is 100~51,200. Performance is world-class – up to 12 fps at full-resolution. AF is Canon's most advanced ever: a 61-point, ultra-high precision system with up to 41 cross-type AF points. Shutter durability up to 400,000 shots. And a host of new HD video features. Mission fulfilled.
- Best high-ISO noise performance ever in an EOS camera: approx. 2-stop improvement in noise quality vs. EOS-1D Mark IV (ISO 6400 on EOS-1D X roughly equal to 1D Mark IV at ISO 1600.)
- Superb performance: Dual DIGIC 5+ processors; up to 12 fps* continuous shooting with AI Servo AF; up to 14 fps with mirror up and AF locked.
- Totally new AF system: highest focus-tracking performance and AF precision ever in EOS history
- Revolutionary new RGB metering system, with approx. 100,000 pixel meter sensor, and expanded color scene recognition and face detection
- HD video – choice of compression types; time code embedding; continuous recording now possible to 29:59; and higher image quality
- All-metal, weather-resistant body, with new controls and highest level of customization ever in an EOS camera
* The maximum continuous shooting speed is restricted to 10 fps when the battery charge is less than 50% or when ISO speed is above 32000. If the camera's internal temperature is low and ISO speed is above 20000, the maximum continuous shooting speed is restricted to 10 fps.