This is Canon's first camera that really targets the cinema and motion picture industry. Its Super 35-size Canon CMOS image sensor is entirely new, and dedicated to Full HD 1920x1080 video production. Amazingly compact and flexible in how it can be configured, the EOS C300 is the new and affordable solution for independent filmmakers, commercial shooting, TV, and even high-end cinema shooting – especially where portability is important. Its low-light capabilities are outstanding, and it offers a range of built-in "looks" – anything from a vivid file with finished color that's similar to EOS HD SLRs' "Standard" to Canon Log, a specialized low-contrast look for high-end cinema production.
- Canon EF lens mount: uses any Canon EF or EF-S lens, including special-purpose lenses (tilt-shift, etc), and Canon's new range of professional EF Cinema lenses
- Outstanding image quality: single Super 35-size sensor, 16:9 aspect ratio; Canon XF Codec with up to 50Mb/sec and 4:2:2 native color space – virtually unmatched in the sub-$20,000 price category
- Ready for editing with most major NLE video-editing software
- Broad ISO range (320~20,000); 12-stop Dynamic range, based on Canon Inc. tests
- Fully equipped: grip, top handle, thumb rest, removable LCD monitor, BP-955 battery and charger included
- Available frame rates include 23.976, 29.97, 59.94, slow- and fast-motion, and special 24.00 fps to perfectly match film