The perfect update for the perfect pocket camera for the "serious" photographer. A new 5x zoom lens (24mm equivalent, with f/2.0 aperture, at its widest setting), with a sophisticated Image Stabilization system, is one highlight. High-ISO noise has been reduced by about two stops, with Canon's high-sensitivity 12.1 MP CMOS sensor and the latest DIGIC 5 processor. Built-in GPS recording is now possible, too, allowing locations of images to appear on third-party mapping software, and even track the photographer's movements throughout the day. But what didn't change is the delightful size and design that's made the S-series so popular with experienced shooters.
- High-sensitivity system, for up to two stops less noise at high ISOs - new "back-illuminated" CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 processor
- RAW or JPEG images, at 12.1 million pixels
- "Smart Auto" exposure mode with scene identification technology; also full manual, shutter- and aperture-priority auto exposure possible
- Innovative Control Ring (around lens) and rear Control Dial for easy and quick adjustments to camera settings
- High-speed Burst HQ: Up to 8 full-res JPEG images, at 9.6 fps
- Full HD (1920x1080) video at 24 fps, plus HD 1280x720 (30 fps) and super-slow motion video (up to 240 fps)