Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II
Smaller, lighter, even easier to set and operate, and still providing true ring-type illumination with all past and present Canon EF and EF-S macro lenses*. The new Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II update starts with a newly designed controller unit: smaller, lighter, and now with a much easier-to-operate dot-matrix graphical LCD panel. It supports operation from the External Flash Menu of compatible EOS SLRs and, like its predecessor, can act as an optical-type master flash to trigger compatible off-camera slave units. A 67mm lens cap is included and 67mm filters can be directly attached.
- New: high-intensity, white LED focus lamps; illuminate with the push of a button on controller unit
- Back-lit operation buttons and selection dial on rear of controller unit, similar to Speedlite 600EX-RT design
- Independently operated left and right circular flash units (Groups A and B); add group “C” slave unit(s) for background/accent lighting or (via flash C.Fn. 15, add “A” and “B” slave units to illuminate main subject as well)
- Full E-TTL II (or E-TTL, with older camera bodies) support; communicates color temperature information to recent EOS cameras during AWB or Flash WB shooting
- Expanded range of flash Custom Functions, plus three Personal Functions
- Excellent for wildlife, medical, dental, forensic, portrait photography
- Silent and shorter recycling time (approx. 5.5 seconds compared to MR-14EX’s 7 seconds)
* Optional accessory Macrolite Adapter 67C required to attach to EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM macro lens, and Macrolite Adapter 72C required to attach to EF 180mm f/3.5L USM macro lens.