Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E6A
Canon’s new WFT-E6A Wireless File Transmitter allows wireless camera control of the EOS-1D X, and Cinema EOS models like the EOS C300 from any device connected to the Wi-Fi network using Wi-Fi Remote, a Web browser application. This unit is significantly smaller than any previous Canon WFT unit, yet packs even more features, and matches both cameras’ weather-resistant construction. Among its many features, the WFT-E6A lets you start and stop recording, adjust focus, shutter and aperture of EF lenses, input metadata, and change the white balance, ISO/gain and other parameters on EOS-1D X and C300 cameras. It adds 802.11n support -- up to 3x faster wireless than previous 802.11a -- ideal for capturing larger still image files. With its internal Bluetooth compatibility, third-party GPS devices can be linked to the WFT-E6A. Secure remote control of the EOS C300 or EOS-1D X using web-enabled smartphones, tablets, or computers is possible with its WFT Server mode.
- Full range of Wireless LAN capabilities, including Live View remote operation of the EOS C300 and EOS-1D X, and image downloads from the 1D X using WFT Server mode, from any web browser (theoretically, anywhere in the world!)
- Internal antenna, with wireless range up to 492 feet (150m), depending on conditions
- Linked shooting: up to 10 EOS-1D X cameras, with WFT units attached, can be remotely fired by one WFT-E6A-equipped “master” camera — at distances up to 330 feet (100m) away, and with time lag as little as 0.05 sec.
- 802.11b, g, n — 2.4 GHz band; channels 1~11
- 802.11a, n — 5 GHz band; channels 36~64 and 149~165