XA35 HD Camcorder
Canon’s new XA35 succeeds the XA25, which has proven track records across a variety of shooting applications, from the capturing of news footage and other broadcasting content to the recording of documentaries and events.
At the heart of the new XA35 compact professional-use Full HD video camcorders is a newly developed CMOS sensor making possible exceptional high-sensitivity imaging performance. Featuring enhanced light-condensing efficiency, the new sensor makes possible an S/N ratio that has been improved by 3 dB and an approximately 40 percent reduction in noise compared with the XA25. The XA35 combines the HD CMOS PRO sensor with an impressive 20x optical zoom lens and Canon’s DIGIC DV 4 imaging platform to achieve smooth, high-quality video with minimal noise, even when shooting in dimly lit environments.
It features two new video recording modes: Highlight Priority, which facilitates the faithful expression of tonal gradations, colors and sharpness in the mid- to high-brightness range; and Wide DR, which delivers an expanded dynamic range. The new Highlight Priority video recording mode makes possible the faithful imaging expression of visual characteristics that would otherwise be lost due to video compression.
Furthermore, drawing from technologies employed in Canon’s Cinema EOS System lineup of professional digital cinematography products, the new Wide DR mode achieves a dynamic range that has been expanded to 600 percent from the predecessor’s 300 percent. The mode minimizes the occurrence of under- and over-exposed areas while making possible video with smooth color gradations.
- Optical 20x zoom lens
- Powerful Five-axis image stabilization
- 8-Bladed Circular Aperture
- Infrared shooting supported to meet the needs of broadcast stations
- SDI terminals that constitute the standard interface for professional applications
- Detachable handle with XLR terminals for two channels
- Headphones-only jack and remote terminal provided
- GPS accessories supported
- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz dual-band wireless frequencies supported
- New: Wide DR Gamma (600%)
- New: Highlight Priority (gamma)
- New: Interval recording
- AVCHD/MP4 60P (35 Mbps) and simultaneous recording (AVCHD+MP4 or MP4+MP4) supported
- Supports the use of the Canon GPS accessory, GP-E2